Teenagers arrested after alleged knife-point car-jacking of woman in her 50s in Sproughton Road, Ipswich
Two teenagers have been arrested following an alleged knife-point car-jacking of a woman in her 50s in Ipswich this morning.
The victim was reportedly threatened with a knife in Sproughton Road at around 8.35am before her blue Fiat Punto was stolen.
As officers searched for the car, a number of other calls were received including reports of a collision with a telegraph pole in the Burstall area.
Police were then told that two men had been seen running from a car at Red Hill Road in Aldham, near Hadleigh.
A 19-year-old man and a 17-year-old boy from Ipswich were arrested on suspicion of robbery just before 9am.
The 17-year-old has been taken into custody at Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre where he has also been arrested on suspicion of driving whilst unfit through drink.
The 19-year-old was taken to the West Suffolk hospital for treatment.
- 1 'This is all I've got' - Woman fighting to keep home where mum died
- 2 'From one family business to another' - Cattermole's changes hands
- 3 Teen fractured taxi driver's skull in 'shocking display of violence'
- 4 Woman bit dog owner during dispute over not picking up mess
- 5 Felixstowe man to star on small screen with converted Mini Cooper
- 6 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 7 46-year-old man who died in Great Bealings crash named
- 8 Teen taken to hospital with serious injuries after Ipswich crash
- 9 New Sports Direct still expected by mid-2022 in Ipswich town centre
- 10 Five forgotten Ipswich music venues and what they are now
Officers are asking anyone who may have seen any part of the alleged robbery to call Suffolk Police on 101 quoting CAD number 67 of Saturday October 29.