Teenagers arrested over PC attack
A POLICE officer suffered a gash to his face after allegedly being punched in Ipswich.The incident happened just before 3pm yesterday in Foxhall Road, near to the junction with Grove Lane.
A POLICE officer suffered a gash to his face after allegedly being punched in Ipswich.
The incident happened just before 3pm yesterday in Foxhall Road, near to the junction with Grove Lane.
The police constable was taken to Ipswich Hospital for treatment for his injuries.
It is believed the incident unfolded when the officer approached a group of teenagers.
You may also want to watch:
A 14-year-old boy was later arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm to a police officer, possession of class A drugs and resisting arrest. A 15-year-old was also arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm to a police officer and possession of class A drugs.
Both of the teenagers, who are from Hackney, London, were being held at Ipswich Police Station last night and will be questioned this morning .
- 1 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 2 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 7 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 8 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 9 High winds close Ipswich festival event temporarily
- 10 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar