Teenagers mugged in night time attack
SUFFOLK Police are appealing for information today after a group of males attempted to rob three teenagers in Bury St Edmunds on Saturday night.At around 11.
SUFFOLK Police are appealing for information today after a group of males attempted to rob three teenagers in Bury St Edmunds on Saturday night.
At around 11.30pm two 19-year-old men and a 17-year-old woman were walking along Newmarket Road when they heard a voice call out to them and saw four males standing outside the Minden Rose pub.
The teenagers ignored the shout and carried on walking towards Bennett Avenue. As they did so, they heard footsteps running up behind them and one of the teenagers was punched, causing him to fall to the ground.
As the other 19-year-old male came to his aid, he was also attacked and the pair were threatened by the group, demanding that they handed over some money. After carrying out a brief search of their clothing, the offenders then made off along Newmarket Road, towards the town centre. No money was taken.
The three teenagers all attended West Suffolk Hospital. The two males had sustained bruising to the upper body and leg – the girl was not injured but was left extremely shaken and distressed by the incident.
Police are appealing for anyone who may have witnessed the incident to come forward. In particular they would like to trace a man who was seen walking close by with a small Labrador-type dog at the time of the attack.
- 1 Road near Ipswich town centre closed after crash involving motorcyclist
- 2 New independent baby shop opens in Ipswich
- 3 Man used drawstring from JD Sports bag to drag woman to the ground
- 4 When will bins be collected in Ipswich this Bank Holiday weekend?
- 5 'Fresh and timeless' Greek cuisine comes to Ipswich
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 See inside Ipswich home with stunning views of the town from own turret
- 8 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 9 'I am so excited': New store owner on his dream come true
- 10 Driver caught doing 64mph in 40mph section of A12
Anyone with information should contact Detective Sergeant Ady Powell, Bury St Edmunds Police Station, on 01284 774100 or Crimestoppers on Freephone 0800 555 111.