Teens on bail after Waterfront fracas
Two teenagers are on police bail today after around 15 yobs attacked three men, kicking one of them in the head, according to a witness.
IPSWICH: Two teenagers are on police bail today after around 15 yobs attacked three men, kicking one of them in the head, according to a witness.
The alleged assault is said to have occurred on the town's Waterfront on Saturday night.
A spokesman for Ipswich police said officers were called to Foundry Lane between 11.45pm and midnight.
Reports said that three men were being punched and kicked.
You may also want to watch:
Although the initial call was to Foundry Lane, it is believed the attackers were seen chasing a man along the Waterfront towards the University Campus Suffolk building.
The males were believed to be in their late teens or early 20s.
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 4 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 5 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 8 Daughter pays tribute to keen sailor with 'contagious energy'
- 9 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 10 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
Three people were said to have been assaulted and taken to hospital as a result of the incident, police confirmed.
However, no one was seriously injured, although one man was said to have sustained head injuries. The 20-year-old from Ipswich was kept in at the Heath Road hospital overnight as a precaution.
The two other men, who are also believed to be around the same age, were released after being assessed and treated by Ipswich Hospital staff.
Officers arrested two people the early hours of Sunday on suspicion of assault occasioning actual bodily harm.
Both were taken to Ipswich police station for questioning.
One of them is a 17-year-old from Ipswich while the other is also from the town and aged 18.
The pair have been released on police bail pending further inquiries.
Richard Jones, a spokesman for Ipswich police, said the teenagers must now return to Ipswich police station on February 18.