Tell us about your lights!
YOU shining stars!It has not escaped the notice of The Evening Star that over the years getting in gear for Christmas has been an even bolder, brighter and dazzling affair.
YOU shining stars!
It has not escaped the notice of The Evening Star that over the years getting in gear for Christmas has been an even bolder, brighter and dazzling affair.
Where we once would see a sprinkling of lights across our community we now see a veritable sight for sore eyes with everything from Father Christmas on his sleigh to a fairyland tableaux.
And because we think this sight is well worth recognising, and because we have our golden purse of seasonal goodwill, the Star has got together with British Gas to reward those that please us most.
You may also want to watch:
We have five categories and the winners of each will receive £100 to be donated to a charity of their choice.
Considering many displays are already raising money for good causes, the prizes should be a welcome extra for charities.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 3 'My life is on hold' – Ipswich man's plea for life-changing surgery
- 4 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Kind and caring' friend of the football community dies
- 7 Historic Waterfront church to be new Ipswich music venue
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 9 Risk of thundery showers this evening, say forecasters
- 10 New Ipswich fine food store is back - and smoked eels prove a hit
The Evening Star, with the help of local British Gas sales advisors, will judge the festive entries.
Our eagle-eyed photographers and reporters will be keeping a look-out for likely candidates but we need you to either nominate yourselves or someone who you think has a brilliant display.
The five categories – and entrants can come from Ipswich, Felixstowe, Stowmarket, Hadleigh and area – are:
n Best family town home (house or flat)
n Best bungalow
n Best village
n Best sheltered housing scheme or day-care centre
n Best business
Let us know who should be featured as likely winners in this super competition by contacting photographic editor David Kindred at The Evening Star, 30, Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail: email@example.com
Words of warning:
Remember safety when putting up your lights, whether for a competitive display or for your own celebrations.
All Christmas lights produced after 1992 have been made to a higher safety standard and to prevent possible danger always make sure you only buy lights with the mark BSEN 60592-2-20 on the box.
Never wire two sets of lights together and make sure they are fused correctly.