Ten centimetres of snow to hit Suffolk
FORECASTERS have predicted that Suffolk is in for the coldest night of winter so far this evening - and warned of ten centimetres of snow to come on Friday.
FORECASTERS have predicted that Suffolk is in for the coldest night of winter so far this evening.
Chris Bell, a forecaster with Weatherquest, said temperatures could plummet to -3C.
It follows freezing temperatures of -1C last night and in the early hours of this morning.
Mr Bell said: “It will be the coldest night of the season so far. You are looking at it being about -1C last night so it will be a couple of degrees colder tonight.”
The freezing conditions resulted in Suffolk County Council gritters being sent out across the county last night and also this morning.
- 1 Kesgrave family move home to cope with 'crippling' cost of living
- 2 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 3 Matchday Recap: Two second-half goals inspire Town win
- 4 Bank cards stolen as five cars broken into across Ipswich this weekend
- 5 80-year-old woman was stuck in a lift for 10 hours
- 6 Delays on A14 after two-vehicle crash
- 7 Ipswich cannabis dealer avoids immediate jail sentence
- 8 'Depraved' Felixstowe man jailed for child sex offences
- 9 Soldier headbutted police officer after being caught drink driving
- 10 Impact of pandemic on Ipswich town centre outlined in report
Meanwhile, the Met Office has issued a snow warning for Suffolk this Friday, advising that showers could bring up to 10cms of snow in the region.