Ten years for Scott and Dean's killer
A DRUG-fuelled motorist has been caged for ten years after he mowed down two boys.Zulfcar Ali, who appeared at Ipswich Crown Court today to be sentenced, had admitted killing Ipswich schoolboys Dean Bloomfield and Scott Towler in May this year.
By Amanda Cresswell
A DRUG-fuelled motorist has been caged for ten years after he mowed down two boys.
Zulfcar Ali, who appeared at Ipswich Crown Court today to be sentenced, had admitted killing Ipswich schoolboys Dean Bloomfield and Scott Towler in May this year.
The two 15-year-olds were hit by Ali's Volvo car as they walked on the pavement at the side of the road in Fore Hamlet.
You may also want to watch:
Ali pleaded guilty to two counts of manslaughter. He was driving the car at speed after an incident at his Boyton Road home in the town.
After hitting the two teenagers the car continued to career into town before crashing into more vehicles in Key Street near the Waterfront.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 6 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: See the three men locked up this week
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
FULL COURT REPORT IN SPECIAL LATE EDITION OF TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR