Tennis coach cleared of sexual assault
A SUFFOLK tennis coach has been cleared of a charge of a sexual assault. Andrew Magrath was found not guilty of sexually touching a woman at the Next Generation fitness club at Ransomes Europark, Ipswich.
A SUFFOLK tennis coach has been cleared of a charge of a sexual assault.
Andrew Magrath was found not guilty of sexually touching a woman at the Next Generation fitness club at Ransomes Europark, Ipswich.
The Ipswich Crown Court jury took less than an hour to reach its unanimous verdict.
Magrath, 36, of Hazelwood, Hockley, Essex had been a tennis coach for 23 years and described himself as an “open and friendly” person.
The woman claimed Magrath touched her sexually over her knickers.
Magrath told the court he had grabbed her thigh but not in a sexual way. He said he was happily married with three young children and the court case had caused a great deal of stress for himself and his family.
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 3 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 4 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 5 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 6 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 7 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 8 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 9 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 10 House of Tweed leaves Ipswich after Christmas season