Terri appeal reaches £100,000
TODAY we offer one hundred thousand thanks to you – to every single person who has helped make Terri Calvesbert's future far more secure.That's the message as the Evening Star celebrates raising an incredible £100,000 for the little girl scarred for life, after suffering terrible burns in a house fire.
By Tracey Sparling
TODAY we offer one hundred thousand thanks to you – to every single person who has helped make Terri Calvesbert's future far more secure.
That's the message as the Evening Star celebrates raising an incredible £100,000 for the little girl scarred for life, after suffering terrible burns in a house fire.
Doctors doubted the tiny tot would live, but by a miracle she battled through and survived.
You may also want to watch:
When we launched what was then known as the Baby Terri Appeal within days of the fire, donations flooded in beyond all expectations – and they haven't stopped since.
The original target of £5,000 soon paled into insignificance as the people of Suffolk, then Britain, then the world, took Terri to their hearts and started sending in money and organising fundraising events.
- 1 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 2 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 3 Delays expected at A14 Copdock Interchange
- 4 Fire marshals to patrol Waterfront block 24/7 and balconies could be removed
- 5 Burglars crept into Ipswich home while occupant was inside
- 6 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 7 'I love it' –shoppers and retailers hope Ipswich street closure is here to stay
- 8 Ipswich street closure could be made permanent under consultation plans
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Rogue trader steals money after offering to repair car
The donation of £3,000 from the Ipswich and Norwich Co-op today has burst through the £100,000 mark.
The Co-op donated proceeds from a special charity dividend number, which customers could use.
Only very limited amounts of cash have been spent from the fund so far, which is overseen by a board of trustees. The appeal has provided the family with a car to get to hospital, a special computer for Terri, and toys.
That is without counting the many gifts sent by wellwishers.
But there is no denying that the times which lie ahead for this little girl will not be easy.
We hope that the appeal is one way we can ease the path for her, thanks to the financial security you have all have given her.