Terri documentary scoops award
A TV documentary featuring young Ipswich burns victim Terri Calvesbert has been saluted.Real Life: Being Terri, about the seven-year-old, won the best Single Programme award in the Royal Television Society's educational citations.
A TV documentary featuring young Ipswich burns victim Terri Calvesbert has been saluted.
Real Life: Being Terri, about the seven-year-old, won the best Single Programme award in the Royal Television Society's educational citations.
Within a day of the touching story being aired last year £11,000 was donated to The Evening Star's appeal fund for Terri.
Star readers and people nationwide have now helped to raise £250,000 for Terri after she suffered 90 per cent burns in a house fire five years ago.
You may also want to watch:
The documentary was made by Anglia TV film-maker Ron Trickett, and followed Terri's story from two years after the fire and discussed what the future might hold for her.
It covered many hardships Terri had to face since the fire, including her parents' divorce.
- 1 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 2 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 3 Person taken to hospital after collision in Sainsbury's car park in Ipswich
- 4 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 5 New special school planned for former BT site
- 6 Rolling road block put in place on A14 after concerns for safety
- 7 Men sentenced for 'vicious' attack in Ipswich churchyard
- 8 Ipswich traffic measure 'on its way out' as petition launched
- 9 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 10 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
The awards were presented by RTS chairman Simon Shaps.
Mr Shaps said of the documentary: “This film told its story in a simple and straightforward fashion but in Terri and her father, the filmmakers had found two inspiring individuals.
“The educational message was not overt, but no one could fail to be moved and changed by this remarkable family.”