Terri looking forward to Christmas
TERRI Calvesbert is today looking forward to a relaxing Christmas Day after recovering from her latest operation.Terri has had the first stage of surgery designed to create her a new pair of ears and by next summer they could be complete.
TERRI Calvesbert is today looking forward to a relaxing Christmas Day after recovering from her latest operation.
Terri has had the first stage of surgery designed to create her a new pair of ears and by next summer they could be complete.
Her dad Paul said: “She has had three screws put in one side of her head and two in the other and these will provide something for the new ears to be attached to.
“At the moment she's got a few stitches on either side of her head and is a bit sore but she's absolutely fine other than that.
“She was in hospital for three days and she went straight back to school on the day she came out."
The ears will have a dual purpose.
- 1 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 2 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 3 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 4 Dog rescued from flat fire
- 5 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 6 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 7 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 8 'Vile violation of trust' - son hits out after carer stole £1,700 from mum
- 9 A14 closed overnight as lorry overturns in multi-vehicle pile up
- 10 Politicians make Ipswich a third division town
As well as the aesthetic aspect they will provide something for a hearing aid to sit on as Terri is deaf in one ear.
She is back on a waiting list to have the next stage of the operation and it is hoped she will have a complete pair of ears by August.