Tesco worker admits four charges of theft from store at Copdock interchange
A woman accused of stealing cash, gift cards and clothes from an Ipswich Tesco has pleaded guilty to four of the five charges brought against her.
Julie Last, 50, of Stamford Close, Ipswich, appeared in Ipswich Crown Court on Friday.
It is alleged Last stole thousands of pounds’ worth of cash, gift cards and clothes over a period of six years while working for a Tesco store in the town, and also transferred stolen property.
She is accused of stealing gift cards and cash worth in excess of £8,000 on or about November 28, 2013; stealing an unknown quantity of cash and gift cards between January 1, 2008 and November 28, 2013; stealing clothing of an unknown value on November 22, 2013; and transferring criminal property.
Last pleaded guilty to all of these charges when she appeared before Judge John Devaux on Friday.
A fifth allegation of taking clothes of an unknown value from the same store on November 16, 2013, was denied by Last.
The case was adjourned to Ipswich Crown Court for a date in the week beginning May 4 this year for reports to be prepared.
- 1 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
- 2 Police launch appeal to identify man after incident in Ipswich
- 3 Group of youths seen carrying weapons in Ipswich park
- 4 Animal sex charges against Kesgrave vet dropped, but child images admitted
- 5 Ice cream kiosk at Suffolk beauty spot destroyed in arson
- 6 Food review, La Cueva, Ipswich: 'Delicious food... and sparkly cocktails!'
- 7 Education 'exemplary' at Outstanding Ipswich academy
- 8 Jail for Ipswich man who stole £2,000 worth of goods from Suffolk stores
- 9 First look at 172-bed student accommodation plan
- 10 Police stop two vans overloaded by more than a ton each in Ipswich
In the meantime Last, who spoke only to confirm her name during the hearing, was granted conditional bail by Judge Devaux.
Police have not released the location of the Tesco store Last worked during the time the offences were committed at but it is believed to be the one at the Copdock interchange.
Last was arrested in late 2013. She was questioned at the police investigation centre at Suffolk Constabulary’s Martlesham headquarters.
Last was subsequently released on bail pending further enquiries. The inquiry continued into 2014 with her bail being extended at various stages while further investigations took place.
Last was charged with the offences when she answered bail at Martlesham police investigation centre in November last year.