Tests after baby death
A POST-mortem was due to be carried out today on the body of a newborn child left at a Suffolk graveyard.The baby was found at the West Road cemetery in Bury St Edmunds at the weekend.
A POST-mortem was due to be carried out today on the body of a newborn child left at a Suffolk graveyard.
The baby was found at the West Road cemetery in Bury St Edmunds at the weekend.
A 42-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of concealing a birth following the discovery, which was made at around 11am on Saturday. The baby's mother was taken to hospital for treatment.
Police yesterday confirmed the man had been released on bail until next month - when he has been ordered to return to Bury Police Station - in order for further investigations to take place into the incident.
You may also want to watch:
The discovery has left neighbours of the woman - who lives with her family in a rented property in Queen's Road - in a state of disbelief.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 5 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 6 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 7 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 8 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 9 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast