Texas to perform at Ipswich Regent on September 15
- Credit: PA
A Scottish band famous for songs such as I Don’t Want a Lover is coming to Ipswich later this year.
Celebrating the April release of their new album Jump on Board, Texas will be performing at Ipswich Regent on Friday, September 15 as part of their 21-show UK tour.
Tickets are set to go on sale this Friday, March 24, at 10am.
The Glasgow-based group was founded by Johnny McElhone, formerly of the bands Altered Images and Hipsway, in 1986.
Sharleen Spiteri featured on lead vocals, and other members included Ally McErlaine, Eddie Campbell, Tony McGovern, Michael Bannister and Ross McFarlane.
You may also want to watch:
The band, who took their name from the 1984 Wim Wenders film Paris, Texas, made their performing debut in March 1988 at the University of Dundee.
Texas fans can book their place at the concert online by visiting the Ipswich Regent website.Alternatively, phone the box office on 01473 433100.
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 9 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned
- 10 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store