The age of steam is going strong
SUFFOLK'S only steam railway is this weekend marking the 50th anniversary of its closure.The Mid-Suffolk Light Railway museum at Wetheringsett is marking the anniversary with a series of "last train" specials on its short stretch of track.
SUFFOLK'S only steam railway is this weekend marking the 50th anniversary of its closure.
The Mid-Suffolk Light Railway museum at Wetheringsett is marking the anniversary with a series of "last train" specials on its short stretch of track.
To mark the actual anniversary, on Friday, there will be a special visit by members and officials from Suffolk County Council and Mid Suffolk council.
This weekend is the last that the railway will be playing host to the North Norfolk Railway's Great Eastern Railway J15 steam locomotive before it returns to its home base at Sheringham.
You may also want to watch:
The museum will be open on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, giving members of the public the chance of taking a short ride along its track.
- 1 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 2 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 3 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 4 Man caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 5 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 6 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 7 Cyclist suffers injuries after crash in Ipswich
- 8 New Oasis Lounge bar planned for former Waterfront gym site
- 9 WATCH: Family of wild foxes caught on camera in Ipswich garden
- 10 Ipswich primary school goes green for classmate with hearing loss