The age of steam is going strong
SUFFOLK'S only steam railway is this weekend marking the 50th anniversary of its closure.The Mid-Suffolk Light Railway museum at Wetheringsett is marking the anniversary with a series of "last train" specials on its short stretch of track.
SUFFOLK'S only steam railway is this weekend marking the 50th anniversary of its closure.
The Mid-Suffolk Light Railway museum at Wetheringsett is marking the anniversary with a series of "last train" specials on its short stretch of track.
To mark the actual anniversary, on Friday, there will be a special visit by members and officials from Suffolk County Council and Mid Suffolk council.
This weekend is the last that the railway will be playing host to the North Norfolk Railway's Great Eastern Railway J15 steam locomotive before it returns to its home base at Sheringham.
You may also want to watch:
The museum will be open on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, giving members of the public the chance of taking a short ride along its track.
- 1 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 2 Man left with life-changing injuries following stabbing in Ipswich
- 3 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault
- 4 Mum opens eco-friendly refill store thanks to savings and public donations
- 5 'Controlling' man locked girlfriend in house
- 6 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 7 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 8 Summertime Ipswich to bring the party to the Waterfront next month
- 9 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 10 'Gutted' Ipswich burger van man loses everything in fire devastation