The age of steam is going strong
SUFFOLK'S only steam railway is this weekend marking the 50th anniversary of its closure.The Mid-Suffolk Light Railway museum at Wetheringsett is marking the anniversary with a series of "last train" specials on its short stretch of track.
SUFFOLK'S only steam railway is this weekend marking the 50th anniversary of its closure.
The Mid-Suffolk Light Railway museum at Wetheringsett is marking the anniversary with a series of "last train" specials on its short stretch of track.
To mark the actual anniversary, on Friday, there will be a special visit by members and officials from Suffolk County Council and Mid Suffolk council.
This weekend is the last that the railway will be playing host to the North Norfolk Railway's Great Eastern Railway J15 steam locomotive before it returns to its home base at Sheringham.
The museum will be open on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, giving members of the public the chance of taking a short ride along its track.
- 1 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 2 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 3 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 4 70 Kesgrave houses switch on for Festive Light Trail
- 5 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 6 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 7 Two people reported rough sleeping every day in Ipswich last month
- 8 Suffolk set to be battered by strong winds as weather warning issued
- 9 Pair deny involvement in amphetamine and cannabis dealing
- 10 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business