The Drum and Monkey pub in Ipswich to close down this weekend
- Credit: Archant
The Drum and Monkey pub in Ipswich is closing, it has announced.
The venue in Princes Street will mark its closure on Sunday night with a “final farewell party” to celebrate the last 10 years, it said on its Facebook page.
The statement says: “It’s with regret and much sadness that we will be closing from this Sunday night.
“Join us Saturday night for one final farewell party with entertainment from Sylvian.
“If anyone is interested in any of the football pictures or shirts please come and see us. Thank you all for your custom over the last 10 years.”
You may also want to watch:
This newspaper has requested to speak to the owner.
What are your memories of pub, based near Ipswich Town’s Portman Road stadium? Comment below.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 8 15-year-old boy to face trial over alleged Ipswich stabbing
- 9 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 10 Specialist engineers working to fix Ipswich flooding hotspot