The fans have spoken – Frank Nouble should start against Foxes
- Credit: Archant
IPSWICH TOWN: Could Big Frank be the answer to the Blues’ goal-scoring woes?
One goal in six hours of Championship football has thrust Frank Nouble into the limelight, following his hat-trick for Town’s reserves in the 4-3 victory over their Colchester United counterparts, in midweek.
A big majority of Blues supporters think it’s time the youngster was handed a maiden start, at home to Leicester City this weekend, with 74% of more than 700 fans voting in our online poll, believing the Londoner is the man to tame the Foxes.
Mick McCarthy described the 21-year-old as a work in progress but having watched the striker’s display against the U’s, the Blues boss cannot have failed to be impressed.
Town aren’t exactly shipping goals either, at the moment though, and the likes of David McGoldrick have been asked to play more withdrawn roles recently, sacrificing personal performances to grind out points, like the one earned at Huddersfield last weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Nouble has displayed a willingness to put defenders under pressure in his brief cameos for the first team but has yet to be tested over a prolonged period, and Championship rearguards will offer far more of an examination than the one he faced on Monday.
However, he has certainly started tongues wagging among fans, who are desperate to see Town score the goals that would go a long way towards securing their Championship survival.
- 1 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
- 2 First look at full schedule for Sound City Ipswich music festival
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 4 Two arrested after man assaulted in Ipswich
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 6 'Microshop' selling only American candy opens in Ipswich
- 7 School in Ipswich takes 'decisive action' to make rapid improvements
- 8 Lloyds Bank branch closes temporarily as staff self-isolate due to Covid
- 9 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 10 Waterfront restaurant with 145 wines crowned best in Ipswich
And Nouble is certainly living up to the comments he made when he moved to Ipswich last month.
“Whether it be in training, coming on for five minutes, or starting – I’m desperate to take my chances when they come along,” he said.