'Business as usual' for historic pub after fire service fight chimney fire
PUBLISHED: 19:16 15 April 2019 | UPDATED: 21:11 15 April 2019
Firefighters have prevented a historic pub in Thornham Magna from going up in flames after a small fire started in the chimney of the building.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service were called at 6.15pm to reports of a fire in the chimney space of The Four Horseshoes Inn, in Wickham Road.
Five fire engines from Diss, Harleston, Stradbroke, Eye and Debenham were all deployed to the call.
The small fire was contained to the chimney flue and did not spread to the thatched roof of the pub, which has not been damaged by the fire.
A spokeswoman from the pub said: “It is business as usual here at The Four Horseshoes.
“The pub has not been damaged at all and we are open as usual to all customers.”
There are no reported injuries and the ambulance service have not been called.
The fire service called a stop to the incident at 7pm.