The great affair that is Ipswich Music Day: Memories from 1996
- Credit: Archant
Once a year Christchurch Park is overtaken with musicians and music lovers who come together to celebrate all that is great about the local music scene.
Ipswich Music Day is an annual event in the Ipswich calender that dates back to 1990, and always attracts huge crowds to the park.
In this gallery we visit the event in it’s sixth year when, as always, there were a number of different bands performing to the people of Suffolk.
The most recent Ipswich Music Day was held on July 2, when over 60 bands performed on nine different stages throughout the day.
The event attracted more than 35,000 visitors to Christchurch Park, a town centre beauty spot.
You may also want to watch:
The event this year featured rock and acoustic acts, as well as orchestras and percussion bands.
Do you remember attending or playing at some of the earlier Ipswich Music Days?
Email your memories and pictures to our picture desk.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 5 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 6 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 7 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 8 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
- 9 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 10 Decision expected on demolition of former Ipswich snooker hall