New coffee shop and arts venue now open
- Credit: Archant
The Green Room cafe and atelier in Ipswich is already causing a stir amongst coffee lovers.
Opening officially to customers today, the venue in St Margarets Green is not only offering speciality coffee but also a place for local artists to showcase their work.
Tucked away close to the Ipswich Regent Theatre, the Green Room has a vintage vibe with red walls and dark furniture.
During their busy opening morning customers were entertained by a pianist who played on the resident piano and members of staff received lots of compliments about the coffee.
Artists from across Suffolk will be displaying their work on the walls of the cafe over the coming months.
You may also want to watch:
It is hoped that during the Summer customers will get to watch the artists at work sitting in the window of the cafe.
The owners of the green room say they are “trying to support artists and entrepreneurs to showcase their work in a risk free test market space.”
- 1 Teenager seriously injured in Ipswich stabbing
- 2 Police on scene of 'ongoing incident' in Ipswich cul-de-sac
- 3 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 4 Suffolk gets its first ever Michelin Star
- 5 Death of 'happy go lucky' woman could not have been predicted
- 6 Aldi to retain Whitton Meredith Road store after taking it off the market
- 7 New mass vaccination centre in Ipswich opens today
- 8 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 9 Eat like a Premier League footballer
- 10 Critical care full and nearly 700 patients fighting Covid in hospital
It is also hoped that the cafe will be used by the community as a hub for local events.