New coffee shop and arts venue now open
- Credit: Archant
The Green Room cafe and atelier in Ipswich is already causing a stir amongst coffee lovers.
Opening officially to customers today, the venue in St Margarets Green is not only offering speciality coffee but also a place for local artists to showcase their work.
Tucked away close to the Ipswich Regent Theatre, the Green Room has a vintage vibe with red walls and dark furniture.
During their busy opening morning customers were entertained by a pianist who played on the resident piano and members of staff received lots of compliments about the coffee.
Artists from across Suffolk will be displaying their work on the walls of the cafe over the coming months.
You may also want to watch:
It is hoped that during the Summer customers will get to watch the artists at work sitting in the window of the cafe.
The owners of the green room say they are “trying to support artists and entrepreneurs to showcase their work in a risk free test market space.”
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 5 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 6 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 7 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 8 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 9 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 10 Ipswich train services cancelled due to signalling system fault
It is also hoped that the cafe will be used by the community as a hub for local events.