The night 007 fights cancer
FANS of 007 will be flocking to a James Bond Experience, soon to be held in Ipswich for a good cause.The Swallow Belstead Brook Hotel is hosting the fundraising night in aid of the Breast Cancer Campaign, on March 16 at 7pm.
By Tracey Sparling
FANS of 007 will be flocking to a James Bond Experience, soon to be held in Ipswich for a good cause.
The Swallow Belstead Brook Hotel is hosting the fundraising night in aid of the Breast Cancer Campaign, on March 16 at 7pm.
Katie Allard said: "We are hoping to raise a minimum of £5,000 for the Breast Cancer Campaign on the evening, which will go towards the research into the treatment of this illness. It's an illness which has affected quite a few of us who work here, and our relatives.
"The theme of the evening is James Bond, and it is therefore a black tie and ballgown event. There will be a four-course meal, arrival drink, with an exclusive auction and more entertainment than you could ever imagine. Pathfinder Events is arranging the entertainment, which will contain a few surprises for the guests, and we are planning to have a celebrity guest too.
"We also have a great raffle lined up alongside the fantastic items on auction."
- 1 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 2 Goat dies and ponies injured after dog attack
- 3 Man was allegedly battered to death in Ipswich guest house, jury hears
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Two men steal pedal bike from outside Ipswich primary school
- 6 Final homes in 75-house development to go on sale
- 7 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 8 Ipswich business worry as customers rein back spending
- 9 Ipswich family celebrate their funny and likeable son with football match
- 10 Delays near Orwell Bridge after wheels of trailer carrying boat fall off
Tickets are limited, and are available at a price of £69.50 per person.
Katie added: "If you buy 10 tickets, we will give you two bottles of house wine absolutely free.
Accommodation for the night is also available at the reduced rate of £25 per person for bed and breakfast.
For more details, and to purchase tickets or book accommodation, call Vicki Elliott or Katie Allard on 01473 684241.
13,100 women die from breast cancer every year in the UK
38,000 women are diagnosed with breast cancer each year in the UK
One in nine women will suffer from breast cancer during their lives
Men account for 210 new cases of breast cancer every year
Britain has the highest breast cancer death rate in the world