The sweet sell of success
Fragrance retailer The Perfume Shop enjoyed the sweet smell of success with Christmas trading.
The retailer also said it had its highest annual number of male customers in 2013.
The company said growth for the five weeks ending on December 28 was 4.5% up on the same period in 2012.
It added that Monday December 23 was the most successful trading day in the company’s 21-year history.
The company had a big advertising campaign over Christmas which included, for the first time, a festive advert in Ireland.
You may also want to watch:
The Perfume Shop also successfully recruited 1,000 sales assistants to almost double its workforce across its 260 stores nationwide for the festive season.
The recruitment campaign attracted more than 5,000 applications, the highest ever received.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 3 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 4 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 7 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 8 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 10 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol