The week in photos - rescued baby deer, explosive science experiments and failed EU campaigns
- Credit: Gregg Brown
This week our headlines were dominated by the EU referendum, with campaigners from the Remain camp hitting the streets of Bury St Edmunds before the vote on Thursday.
Their fight was in vain and Suffolk, like Essex, voted to leave, a decision that helped the Leave group secure a 3.8pc majority nationally to defeat the Remain camp.
In other news, we saw some flaming good fun at schools as they marked STEM week, which encourages pupils to explore careers in the science, technology, engineering and maths.
And volunteers from Wild Lives rescued a baby deer in Essex.
There was rain this week, lots of it. And our photographers braved the shower to capture the torrential downpours and the flooding that came as a result.
You may also want to watch:
See our gallery for the best photos from the week.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 6 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 7 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 8 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 9 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 10 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties