The Willows care home in Ipswich’s Crabbe Street reopens after revamp
A care home in Ipswich has reopened in the hands of a private company following an extensive refurbishment.
Family-run Sohal Healthcare Limited will welcome residents into The Willows in Crabbe Street at the end of this month.
An open day was held on Tuesday for people to explore the revamped facilities.
Manager Ryan Morning said: “I’m relieved we have finally done it, it has been a big project and I think it will be great for the community.
“I hope we can build some good relationships with the locals and put on some nice events for them and I’m looking forward to the standard of care that will happen here.”
Sohal took over the care home, which was previously managed by the local authority and then Care UK, two years ago.
The company also runs Hazeldell care home in Ipswich.
- 1 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 2 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 3 Company fined £12,000 for repeatedly failing to clear Ipswich flat's waste
- 4 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
- 5 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 6 Food review: ‘The Botanist in Ipswich lives up to the hype’
- 7 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 8 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 9 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 10 Cyclist injured after colliding with car in busy Ipswich road
The Willows has 66 rooms for older people in need of extra support as well as patients with dementia.