The Willows care home in Ipswich’s Crabbe Street reopens after revamp
A care home in Ipswich has reopened in the hands of a private company following an extensive refurbishment.
Family-run Sohal Healthcare Limited will welcome residents into The Willows in Crabbe Street at the end of this month.
An open day was held on Tuesday for people to explore the revamped facilities.
Manager Ryan Morning said: “I’m relieved we have finally done it, it has been a big project and I think it will be great for the community.
“I hope we can build some good relationships with the locals and put on some nice events for them and I’m looking forward to the standard of care that will happen here.”
You may also want to watch:
Sohal took over the care home, which was previously managed by the local authority and then Care UK, two years ago.
The company also runs Hazeldell care home in Ipswich.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 5 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 6 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
The Willows has 66 rooms for older people in need of extra support as well as patients with dementia.