The Willows care home in Ipswich’s Crabbe Street reopens after revamp
A care home in Ipswich has reopened in the hands of a private company following an extensive refurbishment.
Family-run Sohal Healthcare Limited will welcome residents into The Willows in Crabbe Street at the end of this month.
An open day was held on Tuesday for people to explore the revamped facilities.
Manager Ryan Morning said: “I’m relieved we have finally done it, it has been a big project and I think it will be great for the community.
“I hope we can build some good relationships with the locals and put on some nice events for them and I’m looking forward to the standard of care that will happen here.”
Sohal took over the care home, which was previously managed by the local authority and then Care UK, two years ago.
The company also runs Hazeldell care home in Ipswich.
- 1 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 2 Goat dies and ponies injured after dog attack
- 3 Man was allegedly battered to death in Ipswich guest house, jury hears
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Two men steal pedal bike from outside Ipswich primary school
- 6 Final homes in 75-house development to go on sale
- 7 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 8 Ipswich business worry as customers rein back spending
- 9 Ipswich family celebrate their funny and likeable son with football match
- 10 Delays near Orwell Bridge after wheels of trailer carrying boat fall off
The Willows has 66 rooms for older people in need of extra support as well as patients with dementia.