Thief steals four-figure cash sum during spate of car break-ins on Ipswich’s Chantry estate
- Credit: Archant
Police are hunting a thief who stole a four-figure cash sum during a spate of car break-ins in the Chantry area of Ipswich.
All the incidents occurred between 8pm on Saturday and 9.30am on Sunday.
One of the break-ins occurred in Didsbury Close where a laptop bag was stolen from a Ford Mondeo.
However, there was no laptop inside and the bag was found discarded a short distance away.
Another break-in happened in Ratcliffe Drive where a sat nav valued at £65 and a Samsung Galaxy Android camera valued at £400 were taken.
The four-figure cash sum was stolen from a Nissan in Annbrook Road, along with some baby clothes.
Police have declined to specify exactly how much money was taken, but it is understood to be a low four-figure sum.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 5 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 6 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 7 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food spots around Ipswich
- 8 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
- 9 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
The fourth car targeted was a Ford Fusion in Ritabrook Road where what Suffolk Constabulary described as ‘a small amount of cash’ was taken.
Natalie Doughty, a spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary, said anyone with information which could help catch the culprit or culprits should telephone 101 quoting crime number IW/15/2937 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.