Thieves target lorries parked in A14 lay-by with £200 chairs stolen, just weeks after more than 600 TVs are stolen again in similar crime
- Credit: citizenside.com
Chairs worth around £200 were stolen from a lorry parked in a A14 lay-by this week.
The theft happened between 6.30pm on Monday and 4am the following morning.
Four boxed children’s reclining chairs were stolen from the vehicle. It comes after more than 600 View Sonic 22-inch LCD televisions worth around £62,000 were stolen from a parked lorry on the A14 at Haughley.
The driver of that lorry was said to have been asleep in his cab.
A number of boxes of Superdry Orange Label jumpers were stolen to the value of £66,000 in December from another parked lorry in a lay-by, this time in Risby.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call police on 101.
- 1 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 2 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 3 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
- 6 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 7 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 8 Future of Swarovski in Buttermarket not crystal clear
- 9 Ipswich man saves father-in-law after cardiac arrest at beach day-out
- 10 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster