Success for latest ActivLives Community Games in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of people over 50 came together at Gainsborough Sports Centre in Ipswich on Friday for the third ActivLives Community Games.
The event features a host of sports aimed at those aged 50 upwards to help them get into regular sport and exercise in a relaxed and social setting.
Among the sports were boccia, new age kurling, short tennis, bowls and badminton, with taster sessions and competitive games on offer during the day.
ActivIpswich project manager Mike McCarthy said: “The games have shown to be a great success, the support has been tremendous with over 50 participants coming from across the Ipswich area to take part.
“Events such as this help to demonstrate that there is a real appetite among this age group to get involved with sport and physical activity opportunities that are enjoyable, engaging and not too serious.”
Call 01473 345350 to find out more about the sessions.
- 1 A14 reopens near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 3 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 4 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 5 Police cordon off Felixstowe town centre car park after incident
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Estate agent switches household’s energy supply without telling tenant
- 8 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 9 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 10 Person dies in Ipswich house fire