Third prostitute found dead
FEARS a serial killer is on the loose in Ipswich rose dramatically today following the discovery of a third prostitute's body.The woman's body was found at Nacton.
FEARS a serial killer is on the loose in Ipswich rose dramatically today following the discovery of a third prostitute's body.
The woman's body was found at Nacton at 3.20pm today, sparking a major police investigation.
Like murdered vice girls Gemma Adams and Tania Nicol, it is understood the latest victim was a prostitute who had been working in Ipswich.
She is understood to have been aged in her early 20s.
You may also want to watch:
A large area near Amberfield School has been sealed off overnight as the hunt for clues to the killer's identity intensifies.
Police stressed the woman's death has not been linked to the deaths of Gemma, 25, and Tania, 19, but few details have been released about where the body was found.
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 5 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 6 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 7 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 8 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 9 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 10 Ipswich train services cancelled due to signalling system fault
It is thought the woman had not been reported missing before her body was found.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Police said: “The body of a woman has been found at Nacton this afternoon, Sunday, December 10.
“Police were called by a member of the public at 3.20pm today who reported that she had found a body just before the Amberfield turning.
“Officers are at the scene and the area is cordoned off.
“At this stage, as a standard procedure, the death is being treated as unexplained.”
The bodies of Gemma and Tania were both found in Belstead Brook about two miles apart. Both girls had gone missing from the red-light district of Ipswich.
For full story see Monday's Evening Star.
Do you have information about this story? Call The Evening Star newsdesk on 01473 324788 or e-mail email@example.com.