Thousands due to visit Bacton for show
SPECTACULAR aerobatic displays were due to form the centrepiece of an extravaganza of fun in Bacton today.The village's 2003 flower show, including a fun fair, various stalls and vintage cars, was set to attract up to 2,000 people.
SPECTACULAR aerobatic displays were due to form the centrepiece of an extravaganza of fun in Bacton today.
The village's 2003 flower show, including a fun fair, various stalls and vintage cars, was set to attract up to 2,000 people.
Philip Jeffries, one of the organisers, said: "It's a traditional village show and it's pretty much the same as it was in the 1950s.
"It's a statement of rural life and it's about getting everyone together and involved."
You may also want to watch:
Around 60 people made more than 500 entries in the flower and vegetable show, while scores of families enjoyed the various attractions, including the Microlease Aerobatic Display Team, kicked off at noon.
Tomorrow a parish lunch will be held in the marquee on the site, attended by television chef Patrick Anthony.
- 1 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 2 CCTV issued after man 'spits' at women in central Ipswich
- 3 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 4 Could restaurant move into closed Little Waitrose in Ipswich?
- 5 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 6 Felixstowe man found with child porn given suspended sentence
- 7 Man accused of stealing phone from woman in Ipswich street
- 8 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 9 Lorry driver charged after £8.5m cocaine seizure
- 10 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity