Were you at Christchurch Park fireworks display?
- Credit: Archant
Christchurch Park fireworks display in Ipswich went off with a bang as thousands of people flocked to enjoy a pyrotechnic extravaganza.
Despite the windy weather earlier in the day the display went ahead as planned, and this year's James Bond theme proved a real hit.
A spectacular show by Alchemy Fireworks saw explosions of colour tear through the night sky to popular Bond tunes such as Skyfall, Live and Let Die and Licence to Kill.
The evening was organised by the 11th Ipswich Scouts and spokesman Ollie Arthur said it had been a great success.
"It went really well, I think we got the weather forecast just right as the rain held off and the wind died down, so it was perfect firework weather," he said.
You may also want to watch:
The display got the thumbs up from the crowds. Clare Chambers, from Ipswich, who attended with her friends, said: "We come every year and this has been the best one for years. They got it bang on."
And Asia Duporte, from Ipswich, said: "The fireworks were incredible. This was my first time here and I'll definitely be coming back."
- 1 Teenager seriously injured in Ipswich stabbing
- 2 Police on scene of 'ongoing incident' in Ipswich cul-de-sac
- 3 Aldi to retain Whitton Meredith Road store after taking it off the market
- 4 Suffolk gets its first ever Michelin Star
- 5 New mass vaccination centre in Ipswich opens today
- 6 Teenage drug dealer carrying knuckleduster spared jail
- 7 Danger warning after seal pup rescued from fishing net by member of public
- 8 Police continue to investigate stabbing of teenager
- 9 Death of 'happy go lucky' woman could not have been predicted
- 10 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park