Thousands expected to see comic duo
SELL-out crowds are expected tonight and tomorrow night at Ipswich's Regent theatre as comic duo French and Saunders play the venue. More than 3,000 people are expected to watch the Still Alive comedy show over the two nights at the 1,650 seat theatre.
SELL-out crowds are expected tonight and tomorrow night at Ipswich's Regent theatre as comic duo French and Saunders play the venue.
More than 3,000 people are expected to watch the Still Alive comedy show over the two nights at the 1,650 seat theatre.
Hazel Clover, theatre manager, said the pair last appeared at the venue in December 2000.
Miss Clover added: “Dawn French and Jennifer Saunders are at the top of their profession. They have entertained us for three decades and we are delighted to welcome them back to Ipswich.
“Both nights have sold extremely well, a testament to their popularity and talent. We are expecting a fantastic night.”
The pair - who first met in 1978 - appeared on Channel four's The Paul O'Grady Show last night to talk about their Still Alive tour which began on February 29 in Blackpool.
- 1 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 2 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 3 'Lovely to be acknowledged' - Ipswich craft shop pleased with bounce back
- 4 Man arrested after Ipswich train station incident released
- 5 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Court to decide how much swindler should repay customers
- 8 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
- 9 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 10 Yellow weather warning in place as Storm Barra set to hit Suffolk
Tonight and tomorrow night's show is expected to be 70per cent new material and 30pc old favourites including the original Absolutely Fabulous sketch.
For An Evening Star Special Souvenir Poster turn to Page 26.
Are you going to see French and Saunders? Tell us what you think of the show. Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org