Thousands set to see Christmas juniors
MORE than 10,000 people are expected to turn out for this year's Co-op Juniors Christmas Spectacular show.The show which will be held at Snape Maltings concert hall opens on December 13 for a dozen performances.
MORE than 10,000 people are expected to turn out for this year's Co-op Juniors Christmas Spectacular show.
The show which will be held at Snape Maltings concert hall opens on December 13 for a dozen performances.
It has sold out for the last two years and is now an established highlight of the festive season in Suffolk.
Pauline Walker, co-director of the Co-op Juniors, said: “We've a fabulous new lineup of big production numbers with a live eight-piece orchestra, 100 cast members and almost 1,000 hand-made costumes.
You may also want to watch:
“There are beautiful choral pieces, stunning dance routines and a whole range of music to set toes tapping and raise the roof.”
Co-director Jeannie Ingram said audiences have some special treats in store.
- 1 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 2 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 3 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 4 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
- 5 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 6 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 7 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 8 Arrest warrants issued for men facing sheep charges
- 9 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 10 40 new technology jobs announced at BT
She added: “We're adding to the spectacle with new projection and lighting effects, and some special stage magic. This is a show for all the family to enjoy, with such a wide range of dance styles, comedy and music.”
Nick Pandolfi, and one of Suffolk's infamous radio characters, Lady Felicity, who both first appeared on BBC Radio Suffolk and are now with SGR FM are making their debut at Snape Maltings this year as special guests of the Co-op Juniors.
Lady Felicity said: “I'm going to reveal my top tips for festive frolics, all the very latest gossip from the village and my special relationship with Santa Claus and Benjamin Britten.”
Tickets for Christmas Spectacular! are £10, £13 and £16, and can be booked online at www.aldeburgh.co.uk or by phone on 01728 687110. Discounts are available for groups.
The show is staged by the Co-op Juniors in association with the East of England Co-operative Society Education Department and media partners BBC Radio Suffolk.