Three arrested on suspicion of arson in connection with Ipswich house fire
- Credit: Archant
Three people have been arrested on suspicion of arson in connection with a house fire which scorched the first floor of an Ipswich home on Friday night.
Five engines from Ipswich East and Princes Street stations were called to the scene in Hawke Road at 11.53pm on Friday, April 23, after the top floor bedroom window was seen alight.
It took nearly three hours before firefighters finished putting out the blaze and police remained on the scene into Saturday morning, with a cordon around the back garden of the property.
While no one was inside the home, the flames did cause substantial damage to the property.
Following the incident three people were arrested on suspicion of arson on Saturday, April 24, two men aged 37 and 40, and a woman aged 25.
They were taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning, then subsequently were released on bail until Saturday, May 22.
Police say enquiries remain ongoing in order to try and establish the cause of the fire.
Any witnesses or anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact Suffolk police, quoting crime reference: 37/20634/21.
- 1 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 2 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 3 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 4 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 5 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 6 Judge reassures town centre is 'open for business' after robbery trial
- 7 Major milestone marked as Ipswich Hospital south entrance reopens
- 8 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 9 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 10 Driver taken to hospital after two vehicle crash near Ipswich train station