Three fire crews called to fire in Sheldrake Drive laundrette last night
- Credit: Archant
Two fire engines from Princes Street and another from Ipswich East were sent out to a fire in a laundrette last night.
The first fire crew was called at 10.22pm to the incident in Sheldrake Drive, Ipswich after reports of an alarm sounding.
On arrival they requested a second appliance attended to assist them, which was also from Princes Street.
Crews wearing breathing apparatus used one hose reel to fight the fire but requested a third appliance from Ipswich East because of heavy smoke logging.
This crew provided positive pressure ventilation (PPV) to clear the smoke.
The fire was under control by 11.32pm.
- 1 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 2 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 3 Man denies stealing £1,275 from charity
- 4 Ipswich families unable to heat mouldy homes get action from landlord
- 5 21 massive acts coming to Ipswich this year
- 6 House of Tweed leaves Ipswich after Christmas season
- 7 Inside Shrubland Hall: The James Bond mansion with no licence to wed
- 8 Matchday Recap: Town beaten 2-0 at Bolton
- 9 Motorist was three times the drink drive limit in Stowmarket
- 10 Drunk driver travelled up A14 slip road the wrong way