Chimney fire in Levington
- Credit: Rachel Edge
Three fire engines were called from Ipswich East to respond to a smoke-filled room in a Levington cottage.
The incident occurred in Stratton Hall Drift, to the east of the village, at 5.47pm today.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue said: "A person returned home to find one of their rooms filled with smoke.
"They were unable to locate the source of it.
"Suffolk Fire and Rescue responded and found that the smoke was coming from the chimney.
"We used chimney rods and small gear to find the source of the smoke.
"The aerial lift platform was in use at one point.
- 1 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 2 Teenager sexually assaulted and then robbed in Ipswich
- 3 Travellers pitch up in one of Ipswich's busiest parks
- 4 Two knives found in Ipswich park after six teenagers arrested
- 5 One of the world's largest container ships arrives at Port of Felixstowe
- 6 10-acre field fire breaks out in south Suffolk village
- 7 Couple get engaged after abseiling down Ipswich Hospital block
- 8 Open air theatre coming to Ipswich park later this month
- 9 Mobile phone and laptop stolen in spate of thefts from cars near Ipswich
- 10 Teenager’s 10 year sentence is warning over ‘horrendous’ acid attacks
"We are going to follow this up tomorrow, and possibly carry out some preventative work."