Three houses destroyed in fires
AN INVESTIGATION has been launched after fire tore through a detached cottage, leaving the roof and first floor totally destroyed.More than 25 firefighters from Ipswich and Woodbridge fought the blaze, which started at around 7.
AN INVESTIGATION has been launched after fire tore through a detached cottage, leaving the roof and first floor totally destroyed.
More than 25 firefighters from Ipswich and Woodbridge fought the blaze, which started at around 7.40pm on Thursday, which engulfed Rustic Cottage in Half Moon Lane, Grundisburgh, near Woodbridge.
An investigation is still under way to establish the cause of the fire, but it is not being treated as suspicious.
The fire happened shortly after a woman was treated for smoke inhalation after an explosion at a bungalow in Blundeston, near Lowestoft, and after more than 50 firefighters were called to tackle a blaze at a thatched cottage in Lidgate, near Newmarket.
You may also want to watch:
See tonight's Evening Star for the full story.
- 1 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 5 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 6 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 7 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 8 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 9 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 10 Ipswich man saves father-in-law after cardiac arrest at beach day-out