Three hurt in Ipswich smash
THREE people were taken to hospital after a head-on road crash in Ipswich today.A female driver, aged 33, was trapped in her red T-registered Mazda car after it was in collision with a lorry on Nacton Road at 2pm.
THREE people were taken to hospital today after a head-on road crash in Ipswich today.
A female driver, aged 33, was trapped in her red T-registered Mazda car after it was in collision with a lorry on Nacton Road at 2pm.
She was freed by firefighters, who cut off the roof, and was taken to Ipswich hospital with possible abdominal injuries.
The lorry driver is thought to have minor head injuries and his passenger was being treated for abdominal pains.
None of the injuries were thought to be life threatening.
The car appeared to have hit the lorry head-on and spun round, mounting the kerb with its rear wheels, to face on coming traffic at the junction with Mildmay Road.
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 3 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 4 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 5 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 6 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 7 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 8 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 9 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 10 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store