Three in hospital after flat fire
THREE people are recovering in hospital today after fire ripped through an Ipswich kitchen.The blaze, at around 6am today, is believed to have been started by a faulty tumble-dryer at a first floor flat in Woolverstone Close.
THREE people are recovering in hospital today after fire ripped through an Ipswich kitchen.
The blaze, at around 6am today, is believed to have been started by a faulty tumble-dryer at a first floor flat in Woolverstone Close.
The flames quickly spread to other parts of the newly refurbished kitchen but were eventually doused by firefighters within 30 minutes.
Three people escaped the fire and were being treated for smoke inhalation at Ipswich Hospital. One other person was also said to be in the flat at the time, but did not require hospital treatment.
You may also want to watch:
It is thought the flat is owned by a woman, who has a teenage son. She is now staying in bed and breakfast accommodation in the town while her flat is refurbished.
Paul Chittenden, caretaker of the Orwell Housing owned property, said a smoke alarm had sounded to alert the occupants of the fire.
- 1 Waterfront restaurant with 145 wines crowned best in Ipswich
- 2 Felixstowe man caught with thousands of indecent images of children
- 3 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 5 CCTV images issued following theft from car in Ipswich
- 6 Former charity worker denies fraud and will face trial
- 7 First look at full schedule for Sound City Ipswich music festival
- 8 Lloyds Bank branch closes temporarily as staff self-isolate due to Covid
- 9 Police make third arrest following Nacton stabbing
- 10 Police attend Ipswich Waterfront property as part of murder probe
He added it is thought to have been caused by a faulty tumble dryer.
A number of other residents in the block of flats were evacuated while the blaze was tackled.