Four people charged after 300 wraps of heroin and crack cocaine found in Chantry home
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A woman and three teenagers have appeared in court charged with Class A drugs offences in Ipswich.
On September 17, officers were patrolling the Chantry estate after receiving reports of possible drug-dealing in the area.
At around 1.25pm, police had cause to enter a property in Pelican Close and found a significant quantity of Class A drugs inside, estimated to be more than 300 wraps.
The drugs as well as a large amount of cash were seized.
Four people were subsequently arrested and taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
They have all been charged with being concerned in the supply of crack cocaine and heroin.
All four appeared before Ipswich Magistrates’ Court on September 19.
- 1 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 2 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 3 Community left heartbroken by loss of mum Jessica
- 4 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 5 Plans to turn Ipswich office into housing resubmitted with fewer flats
- 6 All Covid rapid testing centres in Suffolk are shutting down
- 7 Suffolk man buys rare Mini built to mark Queen's Silver Jubilee for £10k
- 8 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 9 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 10 Father’s questions over death of 'intelligent' Joshua, 25, at mental health unit
Marquitta McKenzie, aged 32, of Pelican Close, Ipswich, was remanded in custody before a next appearance at Ipswich Crown Court on October 19.
A 16-year-old boy, of no fixed abode, was remanded into the care of the local authority and will appear before Stratford Magistrates’ Court on September 27.
A 16-year-old girl from Redbridge in north London, and a 16-year-old girl from Waltham Forest in north London, were both released on bail pending a next appearance at Stratford Magistrates’ Court on October 18.