Four people charged after 300 wraps of heroin and crack cocaine found in Chantry home
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A woman and three teenagers have appeared in court charged with Class A drugs offences in Ipswich.
On September 17, officers were patrolling the Chantry estate after receiving reports of possible drug-dealing in the area.
At around 1.25pm, police had cause to enter a property in Pelican Close and found a significant quantity of Class A drugs inside, estimated to be more than 300 wraps.
The drugs as well as a large amount of cash were seized.
Four people were subsequently arrested and taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
They have all been charged with being concerned in the supply of crack cocaine and heroin.
All four appeared before Ipswich Magistrates’ Court on September 19.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 5 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 6 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
- 7 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 8 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 9 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 10 Stowmarket man with foot fetish sexually assaulted woman
Marquitta McKenzie, aged 32, of Pelican Close, Ipswich, was remanded in custody before a next appearance at Ipswich Crown Court on October 19.
A 16-year-old boy, of no fixed abode, was remanded into the care of the local authority and will appear before Stratford Magistrates’ Court on September 27.
A 16-year-old girl from Redbridge in north London, and a 16-year-old girl from Waltham Forest in north London, were both released on bail pending a next appearance at Stratford Magistrates’ Court on October 18.