Throwback Thursday: Looking back to July 1975 when the Co-op fete returned to Christchurch Park
- Credit: IVAN SMITH
It’s that time once again to take a trip down memory highway as Throwback Thursday returns this time looking back to what was happening around Ipswich in July 1975.
We kick things off this week at Christchurch Park when swarms of people gathered in front of the mansion to watch Morris Men put on a performance. Afterwards they headed into the town centre for a repeat performance.
Over at Northgate High School they hosted an open day showing off all the different subjects that they cover in their curriculum.
Back over now to Christchurch Park for an old favourite, the Co-op fete, a time for family and friends to come together to enjoy funfair rides, win gold fish and watch shows put on by different children’s groups.
Students of Dale Hall School treated parents to an end of the year production of Oliver.
You may also want to watch:
And finally over to Foxhall Stadium where they crowned the winners of the year’s annual World Hot Rod Championships.
- 1 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 2 Boxing coach punches man in Ipswich pub attack
- 3 Major delays on A14 near Ipswich as broken down crane blocks carriageway
- 4 Shoplifter who stole conditioner and washing up goods caught on CCTV
- 5 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child
- 6 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 7 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED! Peterborough Panthers v Ipswich Witches
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 Waterfront bar and restaurant bid rejected following 53 objections
- 10 Two cars crash in Crown Street, Ipswich