Thugs await sentence for car wrecking

TWO teenage thugs are awaiting sentence after a car wrecking spree on an Ipswich estate.South East Suffolk Magistrates Court heard the two youths, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were part of a group who smashed up four vehicles on Bader Close and Lindbergh Road.

TWO teenage thugs are awaiting sentence after a car wrecking spree on an Ipswich estate.

South East Suffolk magistrates heard the two youths, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were among a group who damaged four vehicles on Bader Close and Lindbergh Road.

Magistrates heard one of the youths assaulted a man who confronted the gang by attacking him with a piece of wood. The youths admitted damaging two vehicles each and one of them admitted assault.

Philip Jones, prosecuting, told the court the gang gathered in the early evening on October 22 last year.


You may also want to watch:


He said an Ipswich Borough Council Mercedes van, a Renault, a Vauxhall Astra and a Ford Granada were all attacked, causing more than £1,000 worth of damage.

Michael Stevenson, defending one of the youths, said his client had a long history of criminality but said violence was not part of it.

Most Read

The case was adjourned until August 8 for sentence.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter