Thugs await sentence for car wrecking
TWO teenage thugs are awaiting sentence after a car wrecking spree on an Ipswich estate.South East Suffolk Magistrates Court heard the two youths, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were part of a group who smashed up four vehicles on Bader Close and Lindbergh Road.
TWO teenage thugs are awaiting sentence after a car wrecking spree on an Ipswich estate.
South East Suffolk magistrates heard the two youths, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were among a group who damaged four vehicles on Bader Close and Lindbergh Road.
Magistrates heard one of the youths assaulted a man who confronted the gang by attacking him with a piece of wood. The youths admitted damaging two vehicles each and one of them admitted assault.
Philip Jones, prosecuting, told the court the gang gathered in the early evening on October 22 last year.
He said an Ipswich Borough Council Mercedes van, a Renault, a Vauxhall Astra and a Ford Granada were all attacked, causing more than £1,000 worth of damage.
Michael Stevenson, defending one of the youths, said his client had a long history of criminality but said violence was not part of it.
- 1 Lido cash bid could get restoration of much-loved pool underway
- 2 All four wheels stolen from BMW car parked outside home
- 3 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
- 4 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 5 Line-up announced for Ipswich library's music event
- 6 7 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 7 Travel: Our night at boutique hotel with rooftop bar and incredible views
- 8 Village set for 33 new homes after planners approve project
- 9 Revealed: The latest Covid rates in every Suffolk neighbourhood
- 10 'Tons' of water leaking from burst water main as people urged to avoid road
The case was adjourned until August 8 for sentence.