Thugs impede crews at nightclub blaze
A FIREFIGHTER today told how crews were left struggling against a bottle-throwing crowd as they tried to get into a nightclub after an arson attack.The fire broke out just before midnight in Liquid, at Cardinal Park, Ipswich, yesterday.
A FIREFIGHTER today told how crews were left struggling against a bottle-throwing crowd as they tried to get into a nightclub after an arson attack.
The fire broke out just before midnight in Liquid, at Cardinal Park, Ipswich, yesterday.
Liquid and nearby Brannigans and Old Orleans were all evacuated – resulting in 400 to 500 people being evacuated.
Fire crews and police had to contain a rowdy crowd, some of whom were chanting and throwing bottles.
You may also want to watch:
Leading firefighter Darren Cooper said: "There was a lot of crowd trouble, bottle-throwing and fighting outside. No firefighters were injured, but there was no way under those conditions that we could have tackled a major fire."
FULL STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 3 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 4 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 5 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 6 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: See the three men locked up this week
- 8 Man to face trial over claims he sexually assaulted toddler in the street
- 9 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 10 Police identify man in CCTV images after 'spitting' incident