Thumbs up for Babergh Housing
TENANTS in the Babergh area can count themselves lucky after a report named the area's housing service as having excellent prospects.Babergh District Council's housing service got two stars in a Government report, meaning it is good and it was also stated as having excellent prospects for improvement.
TENANTS in the Babergh area can count themselves lucky after a report named the area's housing service as having excellent prospects.
Babergh District Council's housing service got two stars in a Government report, meaning it is good and it was also stated as having excellent prospects for improvement.
But the report also highlighted the need for change in the way that houses are allocated as well as the need for improvements such as debt advice.
The report, produced by an inspection team from the Audit Commission, showed that tenants have high satisfaction levels with most parts of the service, as well as good access to those services.
You may also want to watch:
The inspectors highlighted the continued programme of improvements made, the active involvement of the Tenants' Forum and the successful introduction of innovations such as the new Estate Ranger.
Babergh is within 27 per cent of the 342 tenant services investigated to be given a two star rating.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: See the three men locked up this week
- 5 Kesgrave Kitchen praised by local MP after 'fantastic' transformation
- 6 Man to face trial over claims he sexually assaulted toddler in the street
- 7 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 8 Man accused of burgling GP surgeries and pharmacy appears in court
- 9 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 10 Stroke survivor cut off from family in lockdown returns home
Only 14per cent were deemed to have excellent prospects for improvement.
Chris Foti, Babergh's head of housing. "The findings of this report provide a clear and unambiguous 'thumbs up' for everyone involved in tenant services – including the positive contribution made by the Tenants' Forum.
"However, we are far from being complacent and welcome the Audit Commission's suggestions as to how we can further improve the services we provide."