Thumbs up for Babergh Housing
TENANTS in the Babergh area can count themselves lucky after a report named the area's housing service as having excellent prospects.Babergh District Council's housing service got two stars in a Government report, meaning it is good and it was also stated as having excellent prospects for improvement.
TENANTS in the Babergh area can count themselves lucky after a report named the area's housing service as having excellent prospects.
Babergh District Council's housing service got two stars in a Government report, meaning it is good and it was also stated as having excellent prospects for improvement.
But the report also highlighted the need for change in the way that houses are allocated as well as the need for improvements such as debt advice.
The report, produced by an inspection team from the Audit Commission, showed that tenants have high satisfaction levels with most parts of the service, as well as good access to those services.
The inspectors highlighted the continued programme of improvements made, the active involvement of the Tenants' Forum and the successful introduction of innovations such as the new Estate Ranger.
Babergh is within 27 per cent of the 342 tenant services investigated to be given a two star rating.
- 1 Cannabis dealer jailed after being caught with drugs in Range Rover
- 2 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 3 Man who attacked partner after she travelled 10 hours to see him is jailed
- 4 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 5 Neighbours raised alarm after man not seen for several days
- 6 Revealed: The top serious crash hotspots in Ipswich
- 7 Planning application for new Taco Bell in Ipswich expected 'imminently'
- 8 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 9 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 10 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
Only 14per cent were deemed to have excellent prospects for improvement.
Chris Foti, Babergh's head of housing. "The findings of this report provide a clear and unambiguous 'thumbs up' for everyone involved in tenant services – including the positive contribution made by the Tenants' Forum.
"However, we are far from being complacent and welcome the Audit Commission's suggestions as to how we can further improve the services we provide."