Thumbs up for maternity services
MATERNITY services in Suffolk have received largely positive ratings in a survey from a health watchdog.According to an independent report from the HealthCare Commission, which is released today, most women feel the quality of care in East Anglia is on line with or above the national average.
MATERNITY services in Suffolk have received largely positive ratings in a survey from a health watchdog.
According to an independent report from the HealthCare Commission, which is released today, most women feel the quality of care in East Anglia is on line with or above the national average.
A total of 780 mums who had babies in February this year were quizzed about services at Ipswich Hospital and West Suffolk Hospital.
The survey rated maternity services on a number of factors and reflects how women feel about care during pregnancy, during labour and after birth as well as cleanliness at the hospital and quality of food.
Chris Colbourne, head of midwifery at Ipswich Hospital, said women showed a “very high level” of satisfaction towards services at the trust.
She said: “We are using valuable feedback from parents and members of our user groups in building on the improvements and changes we have already made.”
- 1 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 2 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 3 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 4 Ipswich homes left without electricity after power cut
- 5 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 6 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 7 Festive shoppers brave the cold for Christmas street market in Ipswich
- 8 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 9 Care home worker may be jailed after using resident's bank card
- 10 Felixstowe Christmas light switch on outshines dreary weather
A West Suffolk Hospital spokesman said they were pleased that it appears as if they were in line with national results and in some areas doing better than the norm.