Tickets for Dan TDM show at Regent Theatre, Ipswich selling for four-times face value as excitement builds over YouTube star’s appearance
- Credit: Archant
YouTube personality ‘Dan TDM’ (Dan Middleton) has sold out two shows at The Ipswich Regent within days of going on sale.
The 24-year-old internet star rose to fame through daily reviews and Minecraft gameplays on YouTube is set to go on his first ever national tour.
The four stop tour is set to travel to Brighton, Glasgow and Milton Keynes before visiting the Ipswich Regent on Saturday, August 13.
Seats for the 1,551 capacity theatre sold out in three days for the two shows. But tickets for the show are now appearing online for four times the original price on resale websites.
Mark Whiting, Commercial Development Manager at Ipswich Borough Council, explained that this is a first for the Ipswich theatre.
You may also want to watch:
“We are delighted but not surprised that tickets flew for this show as Dan TDM is an internet sensation and has millions of followers across the world.”
“Gaming is not a frequent genre at the Regent - in fact, this the first show of its kind here - but our job is to provide the biggest names across comedy, music and other kinds of entertainment for people across Suffolk and Essex.
- 1 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 2 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 5 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 6 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 7 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 8 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 9 Daughter pays tribute to keen sailor with 'contagious energy'
- 10 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
“Dan’s show sold out in three days – that’s more than 3,000 tickets and the fastest selling event here for some time.”
From July 2015, his YouTube channel was listed as one of the most popular in the world and as of March 2016 Dan has amassed over 10 million subscribers.
The YouTuber uploads daily onto the website and so far has collectively received more than seven billion views. Dan won the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards for UK’s Favourite Tipster in 2015 and 2016.
In an interview with The Big Issue the internet star described his line of work. “I am like a children’s entertainer, creating and presenting a sort of kids’ TV online.”