Intruders shone torch in 81-year-old’s face in robbery, court hears
- Credit: Archant
An 81-year-old man was sitting watching television when he was robbed by three men who burst into his Ipswich home, a court has heard.
The victim was alone at his Handford Road home at the time of the robbery and had torches shone in his face by the intruders, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
Before the court on Thursday for a plea hearing was Ticu Bahica, 18, of Reavell Place, Ipswich, who pleaded guilty to robbing the victim of cash, tobacco, a shaver, a cheque and a mobile phone on August 23.
Three men were said by Suffolk police to have forced their way into his house after he answered the door and demanded money.
It is alleged they then walked him to a nearby cashpoint from where he withdrew £100, was walked home and the money taken from him.
You may also want to watch:
The case was adjourned until October 4 when Judge Martyn Levett will hear evidence about the robbery to help him determine the basis on which he will sentence Bahica.
- 1 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 2 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 7 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 8 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 9 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 10 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault