Time to get sports grant applications in
APPLICATIONS are being invited from sporting organisations for a small grants programme in Ipswich.The borough council grants are aimed at helping clubs with costs associated with the development of sport in Ipswich, specifically the purchase of equipment to establish new sporting activity and also the training of coaches.
APPLICATIONS are being invited from sporting organisations to compete for cash in Ipswich.
The borough council gives grants to help clubs develop sport in Ipswich – to buy equipment to start new sporting activities and train coaches.
Last year's sporting grants helped nine local organisations, including Copleston and Holywells Community Tennis Club, which received money to buy equipment to introduce small coaching squads, and to help coaches attend coach education courses.
Since 1994, the council has awarded more than 85 grants to different sporting clubs and organisations worth over £17,000.
You may also want to watch:
Application forms are available by telephoning 01473 433500. The closing date is January 31, 2003.
- 1 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
- 2 First look at full schedule for Sound City Ipswich music festival
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 4 Felixstowe man caught with thousands of indecent images of children
- 5 Waterfront restaurant with 145 wines crowned best in Ipswich
- 6 Lloyds Bank branch closes temporarily as staff self-isolate due to Covid
- 7 Former charity worker denies fraud and will face trial
- 8 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 9 Triumph Tiger rider denies being over alcohol limit
- 10 CCTV images issued following theft from car in Ipswich