Time to get sports grant applications in
APPLICATIONS are being invited from sporting organisations for a small grants programme in Ipswich.The borough council grants are aimed at helping clubs with costs associated with the development of sport in Ipswich, specifically the purchase of equipment to establish new sporting activity and also the training of coaches.
APPLICATIONS are being invited from sporting organisations to compete for cash in Ipswich.
The borough council gives grants to help clubs develop sport in Ipswich – to buy equipment to start new sporting activities and train coaches.
Last year's sporting grants helped nine local organisations, including Copleston and Holywells Community Tennis Club, which received money to buy equipment to introduce small coaching squads, and to help coaches attend coach education courses.
Since 1994, the council has awarded more than 85 grants to different sporting clubs and organisations worth over £17,000.
You may also want to watch:
Application forms are available by telephoning 01473 433500. The closing date is January 31, 2003.
- 1 Body found in the River Orwell
- 2 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 3 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 4 Felixstowe beach hut sells for record price of £65k within hours
- 5 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 6 Ipswich music producer's 'amazing' rise as global DJ's assistant
- 7 Plans for new central Ipswich Travelodge now available to view online
- 8 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 9 Breakdown on Orwell Bridge cleared after queues to Copdock roundabout
- 10 Cheers! Ipswich pubs and restaurants welcome first indoor guests of 2021