Ed Sheeran returns to Portman Road to cheer on Ipswich Town
Castle on the Hill singer Ed Sheeran returned to Portman Road this afternoon to support his beloved Ipswich Town as they picked up a point against Sheffield United.
The former Framlingham schoolboy was spotted by fans at the ground as Town drew 1-1 with the Blades in their final game before Christmas.
He also stayed behind after the game to meet with former Town player and current academy coach, Titus Bramble.
He wrote on Twitter: “Great to meet @edsheeran at the @Official_ITFC game today.”
Ed previously posted a snap taken by photographer Zakary Walters on his Instagram with his fiancée Cherry Seaborn as they attended a game together earlier this season.
You may also want to watch:
Ed will be returning to Ipswich next year to play a series of gigs at Chantry Park.
- 1 Martlesham man caught with indecent images for second time
- 2 These are the neighbourhoods in Suffolk where Covid rates are still rising
- 3 Parents 'distraught' after teenage boy is violently assaulted in Chantry
- 4 New Aldi store takes shape near Morrisons in Ipswich
- 5 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 6 Ipswich woman who was 'too big' to operate on loses 8 stone after health scare
- 7 When Anita Dobson visited Ipswich - and more 1980s pub memories
- 8 Snow could hit Suffolk as overnight temperatures set to plunge
- 9 Could a change in bus services help keep passengers moving post-Covid?
- 10 Campaign against two more solar farms gathers strength in Suffolk villages