Ed Sheeran returns to Portman Road to cheer on Ipswich Town
Castle on the Hill singer Ed Sheeran returned to Portman Road this afternoon to support his beloved Ipswich Town as they picked up a point against Sheffield United.
The former Framlingham schoolboy was spotted by fans at the ground as Town drew 1-1 with the Blades in their final game before Christmas.
He also stayed behind after the game to meet with former Town player and current academy coach, Titus Bramble.
He wrote on Twitter: “Great to meet @edsheeran at the @Official_ITFC game today.”
Ed previously posted a snap taken by photographer Zakary Walters on his Instagram with his fiancée Cherry Seaborn as they attended a game together earlier this season.
You may also want to watch:
Ed will be returning to Ipswich next year to play a series of gigs at Chantry Park.
- 1 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 2 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood