Toddler gets fingers stuck in door
A TODDLER was at the centre of a bizarre rescue today when firefighters were called to free its fingers from a door.The 20-month-old child got its fingers stuck in one of the doors of a house in Monastery Court, Hadleigh, at about 10.
A TODDLER was at the centre of a bizarre rescue today when firefighters were called to free its fingers from a door.
The 20-month-old child got its fingers stuck in the hinge side of one of the doors of a house in Monastery Court, Hadleigh, at about 10.35am.
The alarm was raised and ambulance officers and firefighters from Hadleigh were called to help out.
The child could move its fingers up and down the gap between the door and the frame but could not pull them out.
The firefighters used a crowbar to lever the door away from the frame enough for the child to pull its fingers free.
It suffered bruising to its fingers but no major injury.
- 1 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 2 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 3 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 4 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 5 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 6 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 7 Judge reassures town centre is 'open for business' after robbery trial
- 8 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 9 Major milestone marked as Ipswich Hospital south entrance reopens
- 10 Driver taken to hospital after two vehicle crash near Ipswich train station