Toddler stabbed to death
A TWO-year-old girl has been stabbed to death and her mother is in a serious condition in hospital today after an incident at a flat in London.The toddler was found at an address in Barking, east London.
A TWO-year-old girl has been stabbed to death and her mother is in a serious condition in hospital today after an incident at a flat in London.
The toddler was found at an address in Barking, east London.
A spokesman for Scotland Yard said: “Police are investigating the suspicious death of a child in Barking.
“At approximately 12.15am the body of a girl, believed aged two, was found at a flat in Law House, Maybury Road, Barking.
“The child was pronounced dead at the scene. A post-mortem investigation has yet to be arranged.
“We believe we know her identity but await formal identification. A woman, believed aged in her 20s, was found suffering stab wounds.
- 1 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 2 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 3 Two knives found in Ipswich park after six teenagers arrested
- 4 10-acre field fire breaks out in south Suffolk village
- 5 Ipswich machete attack was 'gang related', court hears
- 6 Summertime Ipswich to bring the party to the Waterfront next weekend
- 7 Man wanted in connection with Ipswich assault arrested
- 8 'I'm so proud' - Jimmy's Farm scoops three prestigious awards
- 9 Investigation ongoing after huge blaze rips through land near Ipswich
- 10 One of the world's largest container ships arrives at Port of Felixstowe
“She was taken to an east London hospital where her situation is believed to be serious but not life-threatening.” Officers from the child abuse investigation command are investigating. No arrests have been made.